Liquidation of Personal Property
Our goals for the liquidation of personal property are threefold:
Maximize the Value of the Merchandise
Through our experience we recognize the items of exceptional value and give them special handling. Many items with collectible value do better outside of the local area. We are connected to a national network of professionals in all the major fields of Antiques and Collectibles.
Flexibility of Selling Methods
We consider your best interests in selecting the optimal venue for your particular situation, whether Estate Sale, Consignment, or Individual sales. Now available is the off-site sale option at our new sales facility, Schiff’s Estate Sale Building.
- On-site Sale at the Residence. This is good for most Estates because we can sell household items as well as Antiques, Collectibles and other valuable items. Security is taken into consideration with the more valuable items placed in locked showcases and placement of the items in setup.
- Schiff Estate Services now has Schiff’s Estate Sale Building. A Modern Showroom to accommodate Estate Sales that cannot be held on-site.
- Outright purchases / Buy Outs.
Timely, Efficient, Dependable
We will work within your time frame to accomplish these goals with integrity. From evaluation and research through professional promotion, sales and completion, we tailor our service to your needs.
Should you have a In-house or off-site sale?
Depending on your situation, we can hold your Estate Sale either in- house or at our facility. Either way, the same professionalism and dependability will make for a successful sale.
Estate Sale Timeline
- Set Up and Staging:
Our crew comes into the home and brings all items out of the cupboards, drawers and closets. We set up and stage the sale, on our provided covered tables. Furniture is moved to be consistent with the flow of the sale. Garage and Patio areas may also be used. This is a several day process.
- Research and Pricing:
After the set up, we price the individual items. Research will be done on antiques, collectibles, high quality or unusual merchandise.
We take digital photos of Key and Representative items to be used in the promotion of the Estate Sale. We send emails to our exclusive email list of over 4000 and on other online sites.
- Promotion of Sale:
The promotion of the Estate Sale is a key ingredient of a successful endeavor. We send out email notices to our exclusive list of over 4,000 Buyers. They can see from the photos the type of merchandise they can expect when they attend the Sale. We often have a presale for the regular customers before the starting times listed in the other promotions. We also list the Estate Sale on various sites people use to search out Estate Sales. In addition, we place ads in the local newspapers. to complete the promotion, we place signs and a-frames in the neighborhood of the residence.
- Conducting the Sale:
At this point the stage is set for the Estate Sale. We arrive early the first day of the sale, for any last minute preparations. We will allow in only the number of shoppers the house will accommodate. The first day, very little bargaining is done on the purchases. As the sale progresses and things get picked over, we will progressively discount to be able to maximize sales. We facilitate the purchases by accepting credit cards, personal checks, as well as cash. We also guarantee these transactions.
- Clean Up & Donation (optional):
After the Sale we offer optional donation & cleanup services. We can box up and donate unsold items and obtain a donation receipt of the content . We can also order dumpsters or haul away debris. Estimates for these services, available upon request. House cleaning services available.
With the final accounting, we will provide a list with the sales price of the items sold.
- Provide all materials, tables and labor for set-up
- Stage house for optimum visibility of your estate items
- Clean items if necessary
- Research your items of value. I am a Certified Appraiser with over 20 years of experience and the resources to evaluate a wide range of antiques, collectables, cameras, jewelry, and other valuables
- Promote the Sale to our exclusive email list of over 5000 customers, as well as on our website and others
- Place ads in area newspapers
- Post signs in the neighborhood on days of sale
- Determine if there is a higher market for selected items
- Accept credit cards for purchases at no cost to the client
- Guarantee collection of all checks
- Provide a list of all items sold and the prices with the settlement
- Settle within 2 weeks of the end of the sale
- If necessary, handle donation of unsold items and provide a tax slip
- Local references available upon request
- There are no hidden or additional fees when we bid your job.
We work with:
- Bank trust officers
- Real estate agents & brokers
- Private households
- Families of deceased
- Seniors that are downsizing
- Professionals in elder care